[macvoiceover] Re: More Concerns about Readiris pro

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:00:59 +0200

If you by ˙display˚ mean a screen, you should definitely attach a screen to your Mini. Once, the cable to my screen fell out, and boy, did i get loads of busy signals. The machine slowed down to a crawl. Now, i have the screen hooked up again and everything is fine.

/Krister

21 jul 2008 kl. 18.04 skrev Cheryl Homiak:

Thanks Travis.

This is a mac mini I'm using; I'm wondering: do you have a display
attached to yours; I don't. maybe somehow having a display makes a
difference. If it behaves better on the Macbook that's encouraging since
that's what Carla has. For myself, I've decided it isn't worth the
investment of time and money and have requested a refund. Guess I'll have
to keep doing that in windows for now.

Interestingly, I can sometimes get sort of ok scans just with vuescan,
though not book quality, and I can also get sort of decent scans just with the canoscan toolbox but I think the paper size setting or something must be wrong in there because I have to center the page on th scanner and even then parts don't get read. but I may continue to fiddle with vuescan and
toolbox just as backup systems; I know I could use them in conjunction
with readiris but again it isn't worth the money to me unless readiris can
just handle the whole process for me.

thanks again for your input.

--

Cheryl