[macvoiceover] More Concerns about Readiris pro

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 01:17:28 -0500 (CDT)

I have encountered the following problems with readiris pro and I would
like to know whether these are problems with my installation or if the
problems I see are inherent in the use of this program.

1.  It appears that preferences can not be navigated; when I get into
preferences I get busy signals with one or two spots where I can read
something but it isn't helpful.

2. The actual window in readiris doesn't appear to be very accessible
either. The only thing that seems to be somewhat accessible is the menu
system.

3. The user's guide talks abut "open image" "acquire image" and selecting
your scanner as source. I can find none of these anywhere. Am I missing
something or are these also not available to voiceover users?

I realize that some on this list have found ways of using readiris pro but
I would like to know if the inaccessibilities I have found actually exist
or are somehow a problem with my individual installation. I am using the
latest version or readiris pro corporate edition with Leopard on n Intel
mac.

Thanks.

--

Cheryl