[macvoiceover] Re: Moderation from the admin

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:42:15 -0400

Good evening Keith,

I have noticed that at least one of my messages in which JAWS was compared with VO did not make it to the list.

Sometimes it is necessary for a user who is familiar with JAWS to say, JAWS does x and VO does y, is there a way to make VO do x?

I really don't see a problem with making a comparission in that situation. The message in question was about speaking of the title attribute on links in Safari, and the question was that JAWS does not, but VO does, and is there a way to get VO to stop.

Thanks,
Everett

On 6-Feb-09, at 1:40 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Folks,

I have had this list in moderation for a couple of days and I am still getting messages that are just not related to learning the MAC and Voiceover and I really don't see why this still should be happening.

This list was created to learn how to use the MAC with Voiceover, not to compare Voiceover with JFW, or, Window-eyes, or anything else. Over the last few days we have had well over 100 messages which are not helpful in this venue.

This list is _not_ going to be a place to argue or debate and if that is what you want to do, I am sure that you can find someone, somewhere, to debate with you.

I will keep this list in moderation for as long as it takes to get this stopped and if I see that I can't get it stopped we will close the list.

I think that the MAC, Voiceover and learning both is important, much too important to clutter it up with someone's opinions. And yes, of course those opinions about these past and future technologies are indeed valuable and important, but it's just that this is not the place for them

Today I will start deleting addresses of those who are more interested in their opinions than this project.

Work with me here.