[macvoiceover] Re: Moderation from the admin

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:02:58 -0500

CDH,

Thank you for understanding the  necessity of staying on target.

And thank you for the offer of another list to cover such other and very important topics, I think its a great idea.

Please sign me up. Reading these post would be inlightning to some of us.

Thank you for understanding that I will do what is necessary to keep this list on target.

Please feel free to make your new list information known to those who wish to join your new list, on this list.

As far as warning those who stray too far a field, I would just ask those who would stray to show restraint, I have enough things on my plate.
Once again.

Thank you my friend.

Keith Reedy

On Feb 6, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Please privately warn those of us who tend to wander off-topic from time to time as sometimes, speaking for myself, I might think a notion, like the increasing popularity of Macintosh training requests at the various agencies around the country, may be on topic as I think the increasing popularity of Macintosh among relative neophyte users is indeed appropos to our conversations here as it speaks to how and why the list population is growing and why there, like me, so many nuwbies popping up.

If, indeed, this and other issues related to the politics, economics and other issues tangential to but not included in the discussion as judged by the moderator enforcing the rules, I can create a list for such at hofstader.com where those of us into the business of the biz, philosophies of UI constructs and such can babble aimlessly while this list sticks to the hardcore operation of Mac and VO.

Actually, I agree that it makes sense to keep this as low volume and on target as possible as I have really enjoy the rapid responses I have received to my questions which, as a newbie, have been fairly low level and could have resulted in a RtFM but, thankfully to many of the folks on this list, I have advanced up the old learning curve pretty quickly and I really appreciate the help.

Sorry for posting so much bs. If people want, write to me privately and I'll get vo-bs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx set up within hours.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:40 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Folks,

I have had this list in moderation for a couple of days and I am still getting messages that are just not related to learning the MAC and Voiceover and I really don't see why this still should be happening.

This list was created to learn how to use the MAC with Voiceover, not to compare Voiceover with JFW, or, Window-eyes, or anything else. Over the last few days we have had well over 100 messages which are not helpful in this venue.

This list is _not_ going to be a place to argue or debate and if that is what you want to do, I am sure that you can find someone, somewhere, to debate with you.

I will keep this list in moderation for as long as it takes to get this stopped and if I see that I can't get it stopped we will close the list.

I think that the MAC, Voiceover and learning both is important, much too important to clutter it up with someone's opinions. And yes, of course those opinions about these past and future technologies are indeed valuable and important, but it's just that this is not the place for them

Today I will start deleting addresses of those who are more interested in their opinions than this project.

Work with me here.