[macvoiceover] Re: Moderation from the admin

  • From: Josh de Lioncourt <overlord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 07:02:02 -0800

On the site you provided, there is no link that is read as "Welcome." There is a link that is read as "Home" however, which is what you say you wanted. There is a heading which reads "Welcome," however.

I have never seen an occasion where VO doesn't read the link text. The title text, from what I've seen, is usually spoken for image text. Your example works as one would expect. Can you provide a link where this problem is occurring?

Josh de Lioncourt

...my other mail provider is an owl...

On Feb 6, 2009, at 10:15 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

Good evening Keith,

Control - Option - Shift - U reads the URL for the link (the href attribute of the anchor tag). I would like to know what the linked text is, the text that comes between the opening and closing anchor tags.

For example, on http://iavit.org there is a link that VO reads as "Welcome", however, the visible text is "Home".

Thanks,
Everett