[macvoiceover] Making the switch soon, but first, a few preliminary questions.

  • From: ShamelessFanGirl <shamelessfangirl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:26:38 -0400

hello all,

After hanging back, and watching from the sidelines for the last little while,
I've decided to at last go ahead, and become a switcher. I've had little but a
few cursory plays with a Mac at the Apple store, but that bit of experience, as
well as the progress made with iOS, which I use on a daily basis for everything
from my communication needs, to entertainment, to web browsing, has decided me.

My questions are as follows:

1. on the windows side of things, I do a lot of extracting audiobooks on CD. My
current method of accomplishing this is SoundForge, because it permits me to
control the drive speed, so there aren't errors in the finished product. I
attempted this with iTunes, but even with error-correction engaged, it still
reads too quickly. Is there a means on the Mac side of things for accomplishing
this?

2. How precisely does one go about navigating from the sources area of iTunes,
to the lists of either books, songs/albums, or apps? As I said, I've only had a
minimum of play time with the Mac, so that one is more-than-likely a
no-brainer, but it is one I wasn't immediately able to figure out in the
limited time I had at the time.

Sorry for the verbose nature of these questions. Perhaps I should turn off
speak-hints in myself. :D

Thanks for any/all answers in advance

Twitter: @IndigoCellist
Sent from my iPhone>