[macvoiceover] Major problem with built in ftp server

  • From: "Chris Gilland" <clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:52:19 -0400

ok, why after creating an account for a user, then turning on the ftp server built in to the o s, why, in the heck is it when I log in as that user, rather than being placed in there home directory, they seem to be at the most top level, even seeing the hidden stuff. I mean God I literally can see /etc, I can see /volumes, I can see .trashes, I can see /bin, /users, /library, /system, /dev? all of that is fully accessible and fully read, and write both.

I wanna host a web site for a friend, but I am not doing this if he's gonna be able to view my whole system. Forget it! what is the solution. I am fine with doing things in a terminal if we must, but really is that necessary? Is there a *free? ware, and again: *free? ware! server that may work better, or is the answer to this fairly easy.

Chris.