[macvoiceover] Re: Mail status

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:12:18 -0400

Vo will read the status of all mail except that which has been read saying blank inplace of the status flag but if you want messages to remain unread when you pass over them, you need to close the preview payne. this is done by using vo to find the horrizontal splitter to the right of the message content area and clicking the mouse or trackpad twice on it.

On Mar 23, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Blind Innovator wrote:

Is there a way to have VoiceOver say the status of an email message,
such as read or unread?  It seems that when I arrow through my
messages I will hear a status, but if I arrow back, the status is
never spoken again.
Also, How do I know if a message has an attachment?
I'm very new to Mac and VO, so I appreciate your patients.

Brett Campbell