[macvoiceover] Re: Mail Question

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:40:49 -0500 (CDT)

I haven't checked this but most modern email programs make provision for users to set a follow up flag on a message. If VO can tell you which messages have follow up flags set, you could save all that email to a jobs folder but only flag those messages you want to apply. Actually that first folder might be called jobs-in. As you apply for each job, move the original message to jobs-try folder. Once all jobs have been applied for the jobs-in folder won't have anymore flagged messages and you can do what you want with that folder for long-term archive purposes. You'll then be able to concentrate on the jobs-try folder's contents. Actually, you might want to move all jobs-in contents that's not flagged to jobs-archive that way if another batch of incoming stuff comes you'll have a clear place to put it. May Lady Luck also known as Fortuna look over your shoulder and help you get the right job for you. She's also been known to help out those who gamble with cards.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, Jane Jordan (gmail) wrote:

I have been given a lot of emails to read through with info on jobs/. is there a way to separate those I want to apply to from those I don't want to but still want to keep? If so, how do I do this?

Jane

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover