[macvoiceover] Re: Mail Focus Issues

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:06:06 -0400

Why would an API driven screen access tool like VO care about screen resolution? It makes sense for OSM old school screen readers but in the world of API driven AT it really should not make a difference.

cdh
On Aug 2, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Chris, have you tried changing your screen resolution to something like 1024 by 768 and see if that clears up your mail focus issues? This is under displays in system preferences, and there should be a check box that says show in status menu, and when that is checked, then the displays menu should show up in the control f8 menu, and all you have to do is check the display setting you want from there, which is easier, in my mind, than working with the slider in system preferences.
On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 07:18:54 -0400, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

A few weeks back I wrote that sometimes after sending an email, Mail
acts a bit cockeyed and leaves me in a random location - most often on
the RSS item in Mailboxes. I have Mail set to check spelling before
sending an email and, quite often when I'm responding to an email from
someone else or if I don't care much about spelling in a given post (I
try to spell as accurately as possible to avoid speech synth
ugliness), I will move my VO cursor to the "Spelling and Grammar"
title bar and hit the close box.

If I use the mouse click (numpad 5 using numpad commander) to send a
mouse click through, I will, more often than not land in the Mailboxes
table. If, on the other hand, I use VO+SPACE, I return to the message
list as I would expect.

Just an odd observation. Also, after rebuilding virtually all of my
mailboxes, running the permissions repair and doing everything else I
could think of, I still get things like, "Inbox, Zero items, 50
unread." I cannot figure out how to fix this.

Happy Day,
cdh

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty