[macvoiceover] Macbook pro internal speakers: sort of solved

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:09:49 -0500

It appears that there can be something with the contact in the audio jack that
makes the Macbook Pro think there's still a headphone plugged in. The home fix
is apparently to wiggle it, maybe even with a toothpick. Apple's fix is
apparently a new logic board which I imagine I could get since it's been less
than 90 days since I got the computer but I'm only going to take it in if it
keeps this up. What's strange is that it will be working fine and then
apparently switch back to headphone mode with no apparent warning.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart