[macvoiceover] Mac Voiceover List Status from the admin team

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:15:01 -0400

The number of participants on this list, like most lists has an ebb and flow. Currently we are approaching 200 members. A large percentage of these list members do not post, however, as we have seen just recently gain knowledge from the posts on this list. Unfortunately, at times these people looking for information are forced to read messages that are not related to Voiceover, are argumentative, or are in some form contentious.

With these thoughts in minid, it has been necessary to put the list in a state of moderation. This list will be moderated approximately 75% of the time. It will not be moderated at times when no admin is available to review and pass the messages. In order to help you understand what kind of messages will be passed, let me restate the purpose of this list. The macvoiceover list is for: learning to use the screenreader Voiceover with the Mac OSX system and now with the iPhone. If your message falls within these criteria, it will be passed. If your message is:

1.  Critical of someone's question or comment
2. Critical of an article that has been written that you didn't care for
3.  Critical of someone else's work or findings
4.  any message of a non-complimentary nature, etc.

These messages will not be passed to the list. This list is now, and must be used for informing and encouraging Voiceover users. This has been the process that has worked so well for the past four years and we plan to continue it, hopefully with your help.