[macvoiceover] Re: Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:42:51 -0700

Hi Dan, what is this warning, and when do you get it, if you're going
to get it?  I ran the update yesterday, and my system re-started twice,
but I got no warning about an suid file, and I wonder if they'll fix
this with snow leopard?
--Original Message Text---
From: Dan
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:20:09 -0700

Hello Keith,I have been in the habbbit of running the Combo updates for
the last several Leopard updates. Just my way of doing things. Then I
always repair permissions after the latest OS is running.
Dan
On Aug 6, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

David did not find any "Warning, SUID" warnings when he downloaded the
new update and repaired permissions, however, I did.  I ran the combo
update and now all is well.

Here is the link for those of you who wish to run the combo update.
http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10_5_8_Combo_Update

Keith Reedy

Marty