[macvoiceover] Re: MOBILE ME QUESTION SL

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:02:55 -0400

there is a popup for this. go to the popup and press enter on your computer name unless your hd is listed and then go back to the browser and you might have to use vo to interact with it but you will be able to go anywhere you want to go.

On Sep 27, 2009, at 7:57 AM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

Hi,

I don't completely understand. I use column view also. lets's say I want to add a file to iTunes. I press control O. The file I want is on my external drive, but the file browser list is in my documents folder on my Mac HD. I can't use the left arrow to get out of this folder even in column view. and unless I was in my external drive recently, it will not show up in the pop up menu. So in this situation, I would have little choice but to use the side bar table to select my external the move over to the file browser list. Correct? On Leopard this wasn't an issue for me because the mouse cursor, which I have to follow the VO cursor would not have convultions like in snowleopard.
On Sep 27, 2009, at 7:15 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I've not used the sidebar since I realized that column view was a much better approach and you don't have to use vo keys to take advantage of it although this might also be the case with the sidebar. the fact that I can expand and collapse columns with just arrow keys is a real power boost!

On Sep 27, 2009, at 7:12 AM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

Yes,

I find it to be less efficient on SL because of the buggyness of the mouse cursor.
On Sep 27, 2009, at 7:02 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

ah, I have the sidebar turned off. I also use column view most of the time.

On Sep 27, 2009, at 6:42 AM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

I've got the same annoying dialog box.

Its is the side bar table . When you interact with it to get to different devices and folders.
On Sep 27, 2009, at 6:05 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

i'm not seeing this.  can you tell us what finder window you are in?

On Sep 27, 2009, at 1:29 AM, annelie robledo wrote:

IN SL IN THE FINDER UNDER YOUR LIST FOLDER. EVERY TIME I TRY TO GO THROUGH MY FOLDER I PASS MOBILE ME AND A DIALOG BOX COMES UP ASKING ME TO SIGN UP. HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED.