[macvoiceover] Re: Louis question

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:36:42 -0500

When selecting your tables, it seems to me it applies for the entire document.

Not what I'm after.
I need a level of control down to the line item (sometimes necessary) Being able to switch grade 1, grade 2, nemeth, and so on the fly is one of nfbtrans greatest features, and one I use nearly every day.
Am I reading things wrong? Can Lewis handle this too?
Judging from what I've read, this isn't possible at the moment, but having not actually tried it (yet) I can't say with certainty that this is the way it works.

On Jul 24, 2007, at 6:26 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

There is support for this already, just choose the braille table you wish to use from the Braille Table menu on the Documents view tab. You can cchoose grade one, two, anth and a host of languages as well. You can als proof in TextEdit but you need to know ASCII braille to do so. Do you want to be able to type in braille, like with six keys?

Greg
On Jul 24, 2007, at 16:58 , Travis Siegel wrote:

There should still be a way to force grade 1, grade 2, computer braille, nemith, or what have you. Often times when we translate books for children, we'll have the cover information in grade 2, but the actual text of the book in grade 1.

nfb trans handles this with no problems at all.
If lewis could do this as well, it'sd be a great thing, since then (after I get my usb to serial adapter working) we can do the entire translation process on the mac. At the moment we do the rough translations on the mac, proof read on windows (don't have braille support on mac yet) then do the final printing under dos (windows doesn't seem to like my printers) So, being able to shift the process entirely to the mac would be great.
On Jul 22, 2007, at 4:38 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

I should point out that even in the case of plain text files Louis will detect email addresses and URL and render them in computer braille.

Greg Kearney

On Jul 22, 2007, at 15:33 , John J. Boyer wrote:

Mary,

Louis recognizes certain snippets of text as indicating that the "word" in which they occur should be translated in computer braille. A word, in this case, means a bunch of nonspace characters proceeded and followed by whitespace. Some of the snippets are .com, .net, .txt www hptp:// . It is very likely that an e-mail address will be translated correctly.

John

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 02:55:03PM -0500, MaryLee Perkins wrote:
If I can get the Louis software to work, how do I put in a code to
keep a web address or email address from becoming grade 2 braille?
Duxbury calls this compinline, but I don't know how it is to be done
outside of their software.
Thanks,
MLP

John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.
http://www.jjb-software.com
Madison, WI USA

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover