[macvoiceover] Re: Louis - The Macintosh braille translator for Greg,

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:40:45 -0400

Greg,

As soon as you are ready, I would like to put this on the website.

Keith

On May 23, 2007, at 12:55 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

Louis - The Macintosh braille translator is ready for beta testing. Louis is a full featured braille translator for the Apple Macintosh program. Designed around liblouis and liblouisxml Louis is designed to compete with Duxbury and similar commercial programs used to produce braille. Here is a features list:

Full Mac GUI with VoiceOver support
Full online and local documentation
Translation of MS Word, text, XML, HTML DocBook, DAISY/NIMAS, NewsML
Ability to learn new XML based formats
Back translation
Creating and saving custom configuration files
Including custom files
Integration with TextEdit, including a TextEdit menu script
Braille contextual menu for translating English text to U.S. Grade two braille in Cocoa applications
Braille widget for quick translations and sign making.
Braille and BrailleShadow True Type fonts in the public domain.
Ability to run translations from he command line.

Louis and it's support programs and files are free, open source.

Please visit http://w3.wmcnet.org/braille/louis/ for more information and downloads. Please test and get back with me.

Greg Kearney
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover