[macvoiceover] Re: Logic pro X accessibility

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ic4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:42:03 +0000

Hello all,
I have been testing Reaper and it really does look quite promising. More than
that, I think the company behind it is relatively small and they seem to
respond to user feedback very quickly. I read that updates to the program are
coming up constantly (every few weeks) and they actually pay attention to what
people are asking. I sent them an email about accessibility on the Mac
platform. Let’s see if they answer.
In any case the program is basically usable, at least for what I need to do
with it. Controls are mostly standard, and once you understand the layout of
the main window it’s easy to move around and do things. Another interesting
feature is that literally anything that you can do on Reaper can be assign to
keyboard commands. You can even use a game controller if you have one.
Basically any input device that’s recognized by your computer should be able to
control functions in the program.
Given that I am not yet used to any of the options available I am going to try
to stick to Reaper, see if it can give me everything I need. I would recommend
that all of you who actually use other software and might have more experience
and knowledge than me have a look at it, because especially if the developer is
willing to do some changes it can really be a good option.

IC