[macvoiceover] Re: Leopard - Safari problem copying selected text

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:08:34 -0600

Hi Marie & all,

I just restarted my computer and went back into Safari and am now able to select and copy text! Very strange, but at least I'll know what to do next time this happens!

Thanks,

Russell
On 13-Sep-09, at 2:52 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

this is happening in snow leopard too. I emailed accessibility about it. not sure why it's happening in leopard too, that's an odity.

On Sep 13, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Using Leopard...

For some strange reason, I am now unable to select and copy text in Safari. Well, I can select the text, but pressing command C doesn't copy the text and if I go into the edit menu, copy is showing as not being available. What might have happened? I was able to do this previously but I don't exactly know when it stopped working.

Here's what I do:

1. Interact with the text I wish to copy.
2. Press VO return to begin selecting.
3. VO right arrow to select the text I wish to copy.
4. Press VO return to stop selecting.
5. Press command C to copy, which right now doesn't actually work!

Thanks for any help with this,

Russell