[macvoiceover] Re: Keystroke to announce the time, and selecting multiple lines of text on web pages.

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:15:46 -0500

after interacting with the text use vokeys-enter to start the selection process and once you have what you need then press vokeys- enter again to stop the selection process. Press command-c to copy and then move to the place in your document you want to paste the information in to and press command-v for paste.

On Feb 7, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Mark Baxter wrote:

I'm a newby, too, but by answering others' questions when I can, I learn better; honor is to serve. First, for the time. You can press CTRL F8 and left arrow once, which will give you the time, down arrow from there will give you the whole date and time readout. This is a shortcut way of pressing VO M twice quickly, giving you the status menu. I, too, wish there was one keygoard shortcut to read date and time. If someone has a more streamlined way, I'd like to know, too.

As far as selecting multiple lines while interacting, VO right arrow with shift will sometimes select more than just the line, which you selected with VO shift down arrow. Personally, I'm not clear on selection either, and my Home and End keys seem to be different from what I'm told; Function left and right arrow appear to have no result, instead of being home and end respectively as I'm told they should be. This is on a MacBook Pro15, so maybe it's been changed.

Hope this helps.

On Feb 7, 2009, at 8:51 AM, Rebecca Bridges wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking for quite some time. After deliberating for nearly a year about whether or not to take the plunge to the Mac, I did so three weeks ago. I am really enjoying my beautiful MacBook so far. I love how everything just works. Reading textbooks for my Master's program is so much more enjoyable with VoiceOver. I have done pretty well separating Mac from my knowledge of Windows to this point.

I do have a couple of questions, however. First, is there a keystroke to announce the time on your computer? Second, how does one go about selecting multiple lines of text on a web page? I find that when I interact with something, I can only do so one line at a time. This is problematic when I am trying to select larger chunks of text. I believe I am following all the directions given in the various guides and manuals, but perhaps I am missing something. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Rebecca

Mark Baxter
markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx
Skype and MSN:  BurningHawk1969 or BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx