[macvoiceover] Re: Key mapping in Fusion

  • From: E.J. Zufelt <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:12:36 -0400

Good evening,

This worked well, however I still have a couple of questions / comments:

1. When downloading from the site I ended up getting a .msi.exe file that I had to rename to .msi to install.

2. The capslock key still doesn't seem to work to activate JAWS commands using Laptop keyboard layout.

3. It would still be nice to find a Fusion keymapping tutorial so that I don't have to repeat this for each VM, especially since I will be using Linux and Windows7.

Thanks,
Everett

On 13-Jan-09, at 6:04 PM, Josh de Lioncourt wrote:

I recommend using SharpKeys, which is available from www.RandyRants.com for free. It allows you to remap any key in Windows to any other, and works great with Fusion.

On Jan 13, 2009, at 2:02 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

Good afternoon,

I asked this on another list, but there wasn't much of a response.

Is there a tutorial somewhere for learning to remap keys in VMWare Fusion?

I have a new MacBook keyboard and want to remap a fel keys to get an Insert, CAPS lock, Applications and right control key.

Thanks,
Everett