[macvoiceover] Re: KNFB reading app

  • From: Phil Scovell <phil.scovell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voice Over <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 18:36:31 -0600

Ian,

I do not use the KNFB reader as much as I thought I would but after living with
the same blind woman for 43 years, who is quite well organized, and having
kids, and grandchildren, around and available much of the time, there is always
a pair of eyes close by. You would have to become quite good at alining the
camera, snapping the picture, and listening to the read back and I for one
could not do it. Reading cans and box labels seems to work well and the more I
use it, the better I become but I would never get that fast at it. It is worth
having, in my opinion, and my wife and I both have it on our I6 iPhones.

Phil.

On Aug 2, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now that I've got an iPhone with the processor to run it, I'm looking at the
KNFB reading app again. I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience
they can share. How close to real time can you read with it, would it be able
to read for example the cards in a game like trivial pursuit?

Sent from my iPhone>