[macvoiceover] Re: Itunes slowing my PC down

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:41:50 -0400

you might try jaws 11. My experience with vista and laptops is not pretty. I see it run slow in almost everything.

I've got a 3 year old macbook with 2gb of ram and it runs pretty well.

On Oct 28, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Phil Stephenson wrote:

Hi,

I'm not a Mac user as yet but am not far off it, think I'll get my iPhone first and then move to Mac!!

One question I have is that at the mo I'm running Itunes 9 on a Windows Vista laptop which has 3gb ram. I'm currently using Jaws 10 and whilst the newest version of Itunes 9 has some decent accessibility built into it which I like I do find that when using Itunes my machine runs really slow and Jaws takes a long time to respond to a command.

is this something that I am likely to get on a Macbook and if so do I really need more than the standard 2gb ram to run itunes and VO etc effectively?

Cheers,

Phil

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4552 (20091028) __________

http://www.eset.com