[macvoiceover] Re: Itunes, adding music to library question

  • From: Brett Campbell <blindinnovator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:45:30 -0600

THANKS GINNY AND DAVID. I'M NOW ON MY WAY. I WAS THROWN OFF BY A LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE HD, AND NOT UNDERSTANDING THAT I COULD SIMPLY RIGHT ARROW BEFORE I STOPPED INTERACTING. IF I PLACE MY MUSIC IN A FOLDER OTHER THAN ITUNES MUSIC, WILL A DUPLICATE COPY BE MADE WHEN I ADD A FILE TO THE LIBRARY, TAKING UP ADDITIONAL DIGITAL SPACE?

THANKS,

BRETT

On Mar 29, 2009, at 5:18 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

when you choose ad to library or press command-o in ITunes, you are presented with a dialog box that has a pop up and a file browser in it. the popup contains likely places to start. press space or vo space on it and use up and down arrow to find the place you want to start from and press enter. use vo to interact with the file browser and find the file or folder you want to ad and stop interacting. it may be necessary to stop interacting several times for instance, if your folder is several levels deep you would interact with the file browser, find the folder that contains the folder at the next level, stop interacting and press right arrow, begin interacting again and you will see the folders at the new level and when you find the folder you want stop interacting. if this is your desired destination, use vo to move through the dialog to the ad button and press vo space.

On Mar 29, 2009, at 3:47 AM, Brett Campbell wrote:

How does one add music to the Itunes library on a Mac? In Itunes for Windows, I use the add folder or add file to library, and I am presented with the file selector. On the Mac, I only see add to library as a selection. When I enter on that, I'm not sure what I am to do from there. I placed all of the music I have now in the Itunes Music folder, but I can't see how to select it. I don't know what I selected, but somehow I did add all of my music to the library. How do I add music to the library that I later place in my Itunes folder?

Thanks,

Brett