[macvoiceover] Re: Item chooser on iPhone

  • From: David Chittenden <dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 15:52:55 +1200

Sometimes, one can learn a lot through simple experimentation.

The item chooser places all items on the page into alphabetical order. Try it
in different screens. I just tried it on this email before responding to it.
Exit the item chooser by pressing home if no item is chosen, or double-tap on
an item to choose it. If the item is text, VO moves to the text on the page.
It's great for searching through large bodies of text (something which many say
the iPhone cannot do).

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288