[macvoiceover] Re: Iphone: entering numbers while on a call

  • From: "Marco" <news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:42:50 -0600

Not being able to access voice mail and the weather services and telephone
banking, basically anything that requires access to a touch tone pad makes
the IPhone non business friendly as I am needing access to my voice mail and
other services and the IPhone seems like a pain for doing business related
stuff.  Any phone can check the weather and read blogs and so on.  I do this
routinely on my nokia E71 and not only that, it does it very well including
being able to access voice mail and tele banking.  These services don't give
you udles of time to feel around on a screen looking for your num pad and to
do the double tap.  Although, I have to say, that apple and Microsoft are
the same in that they like having propriortary software that no one can
modify but them.
  Microsoft is coming out with windows 7 which from what I read is an
awesome OS and I will be one to get me that machine regardless of what my
apple mac friends think.  I saw the material about apple being angry about
the IPhone's competitor, the palm treo pre which at least has a qwerty
keyboard that you can dial numbers when doing telebanking.  The business
community loves the palm treo pre because of this.  Now let us pressure the
accessibility providers to give us access to the palm treo pre.  Touch
screens can be really irritating when on a mobile device.  Touch screens, in
my opinion and experience, belong on notebooks and desktops where you have a
stable surface to operate with and not on a mobile device..  Now it would be
exciting if Apple came out with voiceover that uses a touch screen monitor.

Marco