[macvoiceover] Re: Introducing Microsoft Office for Mac 2011.

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:13:17 -0500

      I don't recall if it was on this list, but there was a lengthy discussion
about this subject a while back when, I believe, MS Office 2008 was released
for the Mac without accessibility.  The point was clearly made through
technical data that MS deliberately chose not to make the product accessible.
In fact, from my understanding, the way the framework has been developed by
Apple, you have to go out of your way to make something entirely inaccessible.
So, to say it's Apple's responsibility to make Office accessible is completely
ridiculous.  Apple didn't develop the package, yet they provided the tools for
the developer, Microsoft, to make it accessible.  MS has, thus far, chosen to
contradict their own claim to a commitment to accessibility.

Take Care
John Panarese