[macvoiceover] Re: Installing the new cat

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:43:09 -0400

no, but the requirements are listed on the site along with some other neat stuff. gee, maybe I'll do a podcast.

On Aug 24, 2009, at 7:10 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Marie, Mike Arrigo will do a tutorial on installing snow leopard, but I did call apple to see if I might have problems with my 2 gb of ram, and they said, as far as the requirements were concered, that you need an entell processor, and 1 gb of ram, and 5 gb of available space on your hard drive, so I wonder if those with only 1 gb of ram might experience sluggishness with snow leopard?

On Aug 24, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

I was wondering, as I'm sure everyone's either preordered or is going to pre-order the next big cat, how easy it will be to install with no sighted assistance. would someone maybe be so kind to possibly write a guide. I want to be able to do this but I'm a little apprhensive. obviously never installed an OS before. a little daunting to say the least.
:)