[macvoiceover] Re: Installing readiris pro

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:05:41 -0700

Hi
I've not used the corporate edition, so I'm not sure how it differs from the standard edition. It's a bit late for this, but you could have purchased the upgrade for $129. It's a bit mislabeled, as it does function as an upgrade, but also functions as a fresh install of Read Iris PRO. At any rate, on the 11.5 DMG there's only one file, Install Read Iris PRO.app. Most likely the app you have on the CD is the installer. It won't hurt to try it. If this installer is anything like the installer for Pro, you're going to have to use actual mouse clicks (vo-shift-space) on the buttons to make it work. This isn't necessary in Read Iris itself, just the installer, as it uses an older carbon- based installation program. Also, when you get to the license agreement, interact with the scroll bar and scroll all the way down. Then keep pushing down arrow until you actually get to the bottom, only then will it let you click the next button. Once it's installed then you can configure Read Iris and VueScan to work together. To do so make sure Read Iris is set to load images from files, and not scan them. Go to VueScan's prefs tab and make sure external viewer is checked, and set the external viewer program to Read Iris. It is a pre-listed choice, so no other configuration should be needed after that. You should be able to scan with VueScan and the image should then load into Read Iris and can be recognized. Note though that this is with Pro, not corporate. For all I know corporate may be much better at scanning and eliminate the need for VueScan entirely.

On Jul 18, 2008, at 6:45, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Hello all.

Carla just purchased readiris pro. Because of her slow internet connection she bought the cd. The user guide says to use the installer. However, when the cd is inserted and one browses the scroll area, there isn't actually
anything that announces itself as an "installer". There is a readiris
application that ends in CE which I'm guessing maybe stands for corporate
edition. This is the edition we purchased for $399 because the listed
products went from the upgrade edition at $129 to corporate at $399 with no apparent product that would say "Home" or "Pro: in between. So is this
application
with the CE on the end what we click for the installer or are we missing
the installer under some other name?

Also, Carla has the trial version of vuescan. could Jacob and/or others
using readiris pro and vuescan together please give us specific
instructions on how to set up the two applications 9preferences etc) and specifically how to set them up to work together and what steps to take to
use them.

Btw Carla is using the canoscan lide90. After hours of frustration
trying to get her HP all-in-one to work, the canoscan installed and at
least attempted to scan quite easily, though the pdf of the particular
item she tried to scan without readiris or vuescan didn't actually
produce a document that made sense; since Carla didn't know what the
scanned item actually was there could have been a number of reasons
for this; the point is that the canoscan did at least install and
produce some results out of the box. The 90 is, I believe, the current
model equivalent to the lide60 and doesn't appear to have serious
issues with Leopard though there are a few minor caveats mentioned in
the driver download. It is also possible to download the driver and
additional software directly from cannon as .dmg files which in our
experience proved to be nice typical installers and much more
accessible than the cd. Just thought somebody might want that
information.

Tia.

--

Cheryl