[macvoiceover] Re: Installing Leopard using VO

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 06:41:18 -0600

Hi David,

Well, my roommate bought Leopard, back in October of '07, and the first machine he installed it on was my iMac G5, after which he promptly installed it on his eMac. I think the versions of the OS which ship with individual computers (i.e. Mac Mini, MacBook, Intel iMac, etc) are slightly different, but the off-the-shelf copies will work in any Mac. From what I gather, I'll be getting a copy of Leopard with the used MacBook I purchased, but if I didn't, I'm sure I could, just as easily, get my roommate's copy and install it, if need be.

HTH?

Ron

On Feb 10, 2009, at 2:04 AM, David Truong wrote:

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your reply but I'm just wondering then how they tie leopard to its owner? I ask this because apparently you can buy Leopard in any apple store etc. But if it has no cd key or anything like that, couldn't I just borrow shall we say someone else's copy of Leopard and use that to install? It's no biggy, I'm just curious as I have my own copy of leopard anyway.