[macvoiceover] Re: Infovox iVox 2.0 final released:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 07:15:23 -0500

you should take this up with:
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Nov 7, 2009, at 4:58 AM, Bryan Smart wrote:

I discovered a single user version of the US voices for $99, and a 5 computer
version for $150. This gave me some pause regarding their licensing and the
cost.

If I buy a single user license, I might need to move that to another computer,
or might need to have that running on both my laptop and desktop. Of course,
its just me, a single user, making use of these voices.

Given this, must I buy more than the single $99 license? Is there some sort of
online activation or other copy protection that will make my life difficult if
I load the voices on more than a single computer for my personal use?

Hopefully, the activation is just a serial number, but the tone of their page
made me suspect something more frustrating. Would someone with the voices
please let me know what sort of copy protection to expect?

Bryan