[macvoiceover] Important note about the Fleksy keyboard

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 18:34:12 -0600

I heard back from Fleksy support this morning, and the bottom line is that it’s
an Apple bug that is preventing the keyboard from working with Voicover, and it
will have to wait for the next IOS update to be remedied.

As far as the Fleksy VO version, it has been pulled from the app store, and if
it is restored there it won’t work with IOS 8 regardless.

So, if Fleksy was a big part of your experience as it was for me, we’re out of
luck until the next update. If it’s really important to you, and you haven't
already upgraded to IOS 8, be aware that when you do it will be lost to you.