[macvoiceover] Re: I love my iMac!

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 20:29:07 -0400

What issue of Barcelona? I'm from Barcelona and there is no issues over here for now...!

On Aug 8, 2009, at 6:06 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Russell and all:

Glad you are enjoying it (smile).

I would share some with you though there is that little issue of Barcelona from the other list (grin).

Be well dude and keep up the fantastic work.

Oh, and Marcy's cookies are a great idea (grin). Especially since I am one of the recipients (grin).
On Aug 8, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hey David! CTRL + F8 worked like a charm! Not only did I find out the time, but also the day, which, for the last 4 days, have sort of all run into one! <smile>

I also see my wireless network strength, i.e. 4 of 4 bars! Excellent!

Again, thanks,

Russell
On 8-Aug-09, at 11:25 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

hi russ,

The work aroud for the time is to go to the status menu at the top right of the screen with either vo-m-m or controll-f8 and there you will find all the time you need <grin>

On Aug 8, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Every day I am finding more reasons to love my Mac!

Last night I found out that you can set the clock to announce the time at given intervals. I set mine to announce the time every 15 minutes, and I was able to watch the hours tick away as I tried to set up my scanner! <grin>

Then, this morning as I was reading the VO getting started PDF file, I found out that as I'm reading the document, if I press the CTRL key to stop reading, and go and get another cup of coffee, when I come back, all I need to do is press the CTRL key again, and VO starts reading right where it left off, within a word or two! Absolutely amazing! And VO is reading this PDF a lot better than Jaws did in Acrobat!

One thing I haven't come across yet, is there a keystroke to have the time announced?

Thanks all,

Russell

Take good care and I wish you enough.

Love