[macvoiceover] Re: I love my iMac!

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:54:50 -0600

Hey Marty,

Yup, others have told me that too! <smile> I have Victoria, I think, telling me the time every 15 minutes... she kind of sounds like she's saying, "It's 5:15", "Don't you think you've been on your Mac long enough?" Or maybe it's my guilty conscience... I did my dishes for the first time since Wednesday, and went out and weeded my flowerbeds, so I guess she's getting results! <grin>

Russell
On 8-Aug-09, at 2:42 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Russell, there is no key stroke to make the time announce, but, you can go to the status menu which is control f8, and in the clock menu, if you arrow down, it will announce the time, but there is no specific key stroke to announce the time. Regarding the clock, I have bells announcing the time every fifteen minutes, so you could have one of the novelty voices like baa, or boing announce the time.
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:17:38 -0600, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi everyone,

Every day I am finding more reasons to love my Mac!

Last night I found out that you can set the clock to announce the time
at given intervals. I set mine to announce the time every 15 minutes,
and I was able to watch the hours tick away as I tried to set up my
scanner! <grin>

Then, this morning as I was reading the VO getting started PDF file, I
found out that as I'm reading the document, if I press the CTRL key to
stop reading, and go and get another cup of coffee, when I come back,
all I need to do is press the CTRL key again, and VO starts reading
right where it left off, within a word or two! Absolutely amazing!
And VO is reading this PDF a lot better than Jaws did in Acrobat!

One thing I haven't come across yet, is there a keystroke to have the
time announced?

Thanks all,

Russell

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx