[macvoiceover] Re: I have an iMac!

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:19:48 -0700

Hi Sara
To deal with the copy dialog if that ever happens again, use the VO navigation. You'll find an operation progress group. interact with that, you'll either find a percentage indicator if it's going, or an unknown if it's not. Interact with this unknown and you'll be able to read the error message. Not the most obvious thing in the world, I admit.

On Jul 1, 2008, at 4:02, Sara wrote:

Hi all.
I bought an iMac yesterday.
I updated to 10.5.4 and no problems so far except a couple annoying things. 1. I tried to copy a file to a network share and can't seem to read the copy dialogue. I can tab to the stop and continue buttons but I don't see the message about what is happening. If I hit continue, I get another message I can't read with an OK button. The file didn't copy so I guess something is wrong. Just checked and the read-only thing was set so that must have caused it but would have been nice is VO had read that to me. Will try it again with full read/write access. smile 2. I can't remember what else I had trouble with, my brain is totally not working today. I tried to record a podcast of unpacking and setting up the Mac but it is pretty long and possibly boring. I may try to edit it a bit but I am not so good at that. If I ever finish it, I'll post the link. So far I like my Mac but I can't seem to figure out how to record in GB with the internal mic. It's selected in system prefs and the volume seems to be at least somewhat up as somebody could hear me when I called with Skype.
So yeah, got a Mac.
Sara