[macvoiceover] Re: I Pods

  • From: Shaun Jones <vjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:29:58 -0500

OK, I thought when you plug another person's I Pod in that it tells you that it will be erased. With this in mind don't I need a third party application that would preserve the existing songs and allow me to add new ones.

On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:01 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Well, you could burn them on to a cd and dump them in to your iTunes library.

Keith Reedy
On Jan 8, 2008, at 10:21 PM, Jane Jordan wrote:

You can attempt to creat an automator action, and have it copy selected iTunes tracks to the iPod, whatever the name is. Mine is seen as a playlist, This is not guarnteed to work, however.

I relaly don't know if it's feasible, unless you've got a Shuffle and want to install some program that will let you use it on Multiple computers. But it takes away some of the functionality, then, because it turns the Shuffle into a mass storage device, and you have to be very careful of the order you put files on. It'll fix them up however it wants to.

Jane

On Jan 8, 2008, at 10:11 PM, Shaun Jones wrote:

Listers if I want to put songs on a I Pod that belongs to someone else, but preserve the songs already stored on their I Pod. What Mac application do I use?