[macvoiceover] Re: How to deal with audio book CDs that are not in the online database?

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:43:23 -0400

I don't think their is an alternative easier than asking a sighted person in this instance.

On Oct 14, 2009, at 5:54 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi all!
Right now, I am really busy copying all my audio books that I've collected over many years from CD into iTunes. I can do that without any problems, usually iTunes always downloads information about the CD from its online database, and puts it all in order. Now, the problem is that some of them are not in the online database. Adding the name of the author and book title in the info dialog in iTunes is no problem at all as this is announced at the beginning of every audio book. But the problem is, how do I find out the number of the CD so I can label them correctly in iTunes? I always label discs as title of the book, followed by [Disc n] (n stands for the number of the CD). but how do I find out the number if itunes does not recognise it? It's not possible to look at them of course, so is there anything I can do except ask a sighted person? I really hope there actually is a solution for this!!!
thanks for any help!!!
Robin