[macvoiceover] Help from writers using voiceover requested

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:34:42 -0400

Good evening to all. I received this question and am hoping that someone has an answer or recommendations. REalizing that m-s-word doesn't work on the mac. How can the following be done in text edit or perhaps nisus writer or iworks? Thanks.

a prospective client who is blind. He
uses a text editor for Mac and "Voice Over," an application that
speaks as he types. Normally, I use change tracking in MS Word, which shows
my additions to a manuscript in blue and my deletions in red with a
strike-through crossing out the deleted words. Obviously, that won't work
for this client!

Do you have any suggestions? How can I make corrections that he can "see" (hear)? How will he know that I've corrected his spelling or punctuation or
that I've added, changed, or deleted words?
John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab