[macvoiceover] Re: Having trouble making the switch from windows

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:08:19 +0100

go to bct (
www.blindcooltech.com
) and look at the podcasts done by mike arigo. They are amazing.
Perhaps I can give you some tutorials, e-mail me offlist or using the contact options below if you're still stuck.
ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog:
http://www.daysofthegeek.com

On 30/03/2011 13:40, Kimberly wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I got my Macbook a few weeks ago and, though I've been a computer user
for many years, I'm having a lot of trouble making the switch from
windows to mac. I think it's mostly the arrangement of the elements on
the screen -- what is where and how to get from one place to another
so I can do the things I want to do. Truthfully, it's been pretty
frustrating and I find myself returning to the windows environment
more often than I'd like.

I've read through the online VO guide and I have David Pogue's book
(recommended by someone on this list). I've even thought about going
for the one on one training offered at my apple store, though I don't
know how helpful this would be given the lack of knowledge they
exhibited with regard to VO.

So my question, can you recommend some other resources (articles,
podcasts, online tutorials) that might make my transition smoother?

Any help is much appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Kim