[macvoiceover] Re: Green Alert: Conflict between keyboard?

  • From: Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:20:20 +1200

Phil, have you turned the numpad commander on ?
This is done using VO plus the left key in the second row of the numpad, also
known as the 'clear' key.

TF

On 29/04/2015, at 9:28 am, Phil Scovell <phil.scovell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

By green alert, I mean, me. I just got my macmini up and running and am as
green as God's little green apples. Is there a conflict between keyboard when
using hot keys? I am using a so called 104 Mac keyboard, a keyboard with the
number pad on it, but unless I'm not following instructions letter by letter,
some hot keys on this keyboard aren't the same. However, when I plugged the
keyboard in, a keyboard assistant popped up, it told me a key to press and to
wait. Then it popped up and said, "Your keyboard has been recognized." My
wife is using the Mac Air so her keyboard, of course, is the style without a
number pad. I am going to get that smaller keyboard to try it and see, if the
problem of what sounds like different key commands, goes away, but I thought
I'd ask if anyone knew first. One hot key that comes to mind, for example, is
going to the Dock. I have to use command and control keys, skipping the option
key in the middle and even then, if I'm not in the right place, on the desktop
for example, I can't get to the Dock. Any help?

Phil.