[macvoiceover] Re: Get Info

  • From: VaShaun Jones <vjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:30:49 -0500

I understand, what I get when I go to Address Book is the get info dialog and it reads fine. When I go to my hard drive and do the same thing it says get and cuts off. My wife says she can see the dialog box as soon as I press command I. This confirms for me that get info works, but not on the Network or hard drive.

On Nov 10, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I can't answer the question as to why David doesn't see a "more info" button.. I can tell you that i do have a "more info" button in column view as far as I can tell for all applications. I do not have this for all files. "more info" shows in column view but not in list view or icon view. My getinfo works no matter which view I am in since i'm going into menus to do getinfo. When you say that getinfo doesn't work, are you sure that you've interacted with the scroll area once you've chosen "getinfo" from the menus? Just because people ask you to double-check the information you've given doesn't make you stupid but it is very important to be sure of your information and post it in detail when you have a problem.

I don't think my machine is "different" as I did a Leopard install just as you and David did. If indeed some have a "more info" button and some don't, there must be some explanation in the way the installs were done but I don't have any thoughts on this at present. The reason why I questioned whether you had interacted with the column browser is that ordinarily you would find something telling you how many gigabytes you have outside the column browser not inside it, though you certainly would find an indication of how large each item is within the browser.

--
Cheryl