[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: iPad is coming. April 3. Pre-order or reserve yours today.

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:14:58 -0500

I ordered a 16GB model with 3G. Got the keyboard dock and the case.

I'm not immediately sure how or if it will fit in to how I personally compute,
but it seems like it might be a good alternative to a netbook for many blind
users, considering the included screen reader and how easy it is to teach even
technophobes how to work the touch devices.

At any rate, the work continues over on mv-dev to get blind programmers
programming on the Mac and iPhone OS, so I wanted to evaluate those
possibilities.

I wonder how long it will take someone to make a version of the keyboard dock
with an integrated Braille display?

I know that many people will wait to see how it works out for others. Who else
is planning to be a trail blazer?

Bryan

        From: Apple <News@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        Date: March 12, 2010 9:33:36 AM EST

        To: wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx

        Subject: iPad is coming. April 3. Pre-order or reserve yours today.

Shop Online
<http://insideapple.apple.com/redir/cbx-cgi.do?v=2&la=en&lc=&a=geTM2kpljklGlZkg2UDUr3Ggy0RmGLv6UMB1Cfi%2FnrC5fEBPZGNGH%2FALty1dIuEMe%2F9RWpuwwfNxHIKQEYKLzOyx1UbXS6MbNkv0YgSmd0Br0eSZGobE5gTlfVHRKUwvBgHzgla1VoopkTwiZx%2BmXg%3D%3D>
<http://insideapple.apple.com/redir/cbx-cgi.do?v=2&la=en&lc=&a=geTM2kpljklGlZkg2UDUr%2Bdb5xsZJYRbHsugti2KTzC5fEBPZGNGH%2FALty1dIuEMe%2F9RWpuwwfNxHIKQEYKLzOyx1UbXS6MbNkv0YgSmd0Br0eSZGobE5gTlfVHRKUwvBgHzgla1VoopkTwiZx%2BmXg%3D%3D>
      |     1-800-MY-APPLE
 iPad is coming. April 3.<http://images.apple.com/cbx/us/10/0558/i/ttl.gif>
 Pre-order or reserve yours
today.<http://images.apple.com/cbx/us/10/0558/i/sub.gif>
Get free shipping on iPad from the Apple Online Store.
Pre-order
<http://insideapple.apple.com/redir/cbx-cgi.do?v=2&la=en&lc=&a=uZRTYyebCb8imIEnrB%2BQ71EIcUA%2FckvUZVWeVwU2cYQ%2FaWcdx8xq2QlifNWr6OgPrNOKrESZMm1o0jEAcB1pZzFx7J3UXPyQSh%2BhiyqtX3ZMylhFV%2Fiytoj%2FdFamRUWaDnX4PurPizY1mh5rZZb5RQ%3D%3D>

                        Reserve iPad and pick it up at your favorite Apple
Retail Store.
Reserve now
<http://insideapple.apple.com/redir/cbx-cgi.do?v=2&la=en&lc=&a=Kpn9M3YBOXcFmJHJLv%2Fs0As9IZntXgE7FWfzD4flzy%2BaUVIkIjkV6HfSrxlipkZAA8Iw64Hl9coFNAhkZTtUmjUoyIURNt4%2FNmb7gG4PT8dctWQFNm%2Be010ORt1UcFO%2FQBOZy2n10%2BUyxHKYdpMO%2Bg%3D%3D>

<http://insideapple.apple.com/redir/cbx-cgi.do?v=2&la=en&lc=&a=o0I6wxjyOWt9sbKZ8Nx52S1o7Emea9QaJm4JfdaCX3G9i66gjegnUgSXcSMENJmRLE34DxcXl2timTJ0T33%2F9AItW6%2FumHAXiYxypC7Ca%2FIQvepuoE%2BDwbstp2loYNZ3>

Learn more about iPad
<http://insideapple.apple.com/redir/cbx-cgi.do?v=2&la=en&lc=&a=VdVgWkOloeMl9FFM10ByCwxEb8gyvcZpsItx%2FOkWkBGnXKhsOv6o2Heblfyw8vyrufyzjfJC4ns9BA1Y%2BJDTflYuue1vcwIljW7A022aRdR%2BbfWdrQYl0FttNkOhNacEgBVf7lCdi2SAtFuJ1k9l4g%3D%3D>

 <http://images.apple.com/cbx/us/10/0558/i/bot.gif>
Wi-Fi models available on April 3. Wi-Fi + 3G models available in late April.
While supplies last.
Some features and applications are not available in all areas. Application
availability and pricing are subject to change.
TM and copyright (c) 2010 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 83-DM, Cupertino, CA
95014.
All Rights Reserved <http://www.apple.com/legal/default.html>  / Keep Informed
<http://www.apple.com/enews/subscribe/>  / Privacy Policy
<http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy>  / My Info
<https://myinfo.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyInfo>
If you prefer not to receive commercial email from Apple, or if you've changed
your email address, please click here
<http://mynews.apple.com/subscriptions?v=2&la=en_us&a=LVZ9D%2BovMP2ezFacP4DkriKN6GU0xzN97vPyn7oFEYUX2SIxM25lKsB2r3ZwTAS3h4wLxHRbeuZnHeTWLbOVUNwjctovOlvk%2FQ0lZLD5rNPXGatF%2FD%2BS%2BrHCfkS3nRGY>
 .

<http://insideapple.apple.com/img/APPLE_EMAIL_LINK/spacer2.gif?v=2&a=LVZ9D%2BovMP2ezFacP4DkriKN6GU0xzN97vPyn7oFEYUX2SIxM25lKsB2r3ZwTAS3h4wLxHRbeuZnHeTWLbOVUPrKpJpa3N6W9g6tC43lAII%3D>