[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: a few text messaging answers from apple!

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 06:26:48 -0400

interesting, these were among my easiest puzzles. I figured them out with no help.

On Jul 13, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

 a few text messaging questions

1. How do I delete a text message with Voiceover on?
When you are in a message thread, double-tap the Edit button in the upper right corner. Buttons will appear next to each message in the thread. Double tap a button to select the message to its right. You can select as many as you want. Then, double-tap the delete button in the lower left corner. It will erase all of the messages you selected.

2. How do I compose a new message to someone if another message thread is on the screen?
Tap the Messages button in the upper left corner, flick right twice to the New Message button and double-tap to press it.

Is there a way to have multiple conversation threads in my message screen?
You can have multiple conversations going, but only one thread appears on screen at a time. You'll need to use the messages button in the upper left corner to go back to the list of names in order to switch between them.

3. Is there a way to clear an intire message thread from the inbox?

Make sure you're on the Messages screen that lists the names of the people you've received messages from, then click the Edit button in the upper left corner. Buttons will appear next to each name in the list. Double tap a button. To make sure you don't delete one by accident, a "Delete" button appears to the right of the person's name. Flick right twice to move the VO cursor to it, then double- tap to press it. Click the Done button in the upper left corner to stop deleting things.