[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Steve Ballmer calls Apple's Mac growth a "rounding error"

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:13:39 -0400

The humor is in reading the article. It's the raving of someone either truly oblivious or who is in clear denial of facts. There has not been a give and take of market share and stocks overall. Overall, for the last five years, statistically, MS has been losing steadily in both areas. It's pure fact. Look at the numbers and Stevie boy can say whatever he wants. I wonder if he laughs at stock holder meetings like that? I'd say it must be nice to live in Ballmer's little world, but I think not ...

Take care

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jul 31, 2009, at 8:08 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

I didn't even read the article, the headline was annoying enough. It is a matter of fact that Apple stocks are going up and Microsoft stocks are going down, and I hope it'll stay like that even after the "big crysis". Claims by Ballmer and / or Microsoft are mainly inaccurate and not true, because whatever they throw into the market turns out worse and less efficient than products by other companies. I accepted Microsoft for many years, since Windows was one of the most accessible and easiest to use operating systems for some decades. Now that Unix based operating systems are improving accessibility with lightning speed, I think it's time for all of us to turn away from Microsoft in another direction with both engines full ahead! I really love the Apple way of accessibility (and the wonderful community this has created!) and couldn't imagine life without my iPhone or Mac Book Air anymore. I still use Windows, of course, for apps that I haven't been able to find for Mac Os yet, but as I migrate to Mac Os more and more I guess the day when I just delete my Windows virtual machine will come, sooner or later... Just my 2 cents, and this will be my one and only message on this topic here, as it has nothing to do with VO at all actually...
Robin