[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: News Release: Serotek Introduces First iPhone Application for the Blind

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:05:27 -0400

David,

Did you get my message asking to stop this thred?

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Oct 10, 2009, at 4:13 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

and let's not miss represent a bad development as something good.

On Oct 10, 2009, at 3:53 PM, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

Hello David and all,

I couldn't disagree more. The app seems to be a way for new users or those who just don't want to monkey around with iTunes and Safari to quickly get at a bunch of content. What could ever be wrong with that model? Let's support anything that could make technology easier to use, even when we might feel we're individually beyond the need to avail ourselves of the opportunities.

Let's not misrepresent a good development as something bad.

On 2009-10-09, at 12:52 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

thei iphone is the first app for the blind for the iphone, I could go on.

On Oct 9, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:

Lies??

What do you mean?
On Oct 9, 2009, at 2:24 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

I'd expect nothing less than lies like this from them.

On Oct 9, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Jeff Kisecker wrote:

Hi:

Not sure if my messages are getting through to the list or not, but I received the following today, and thought it would be of interest to some on this list.

Jeff Kisecker

Begin forwarded message:

From: Serotek Announcements <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 9, 2009 1:12:43 PM CDT
To: kisecker@xxxxxxxxx
delivered-to: kisecker@xxxxxxxxx
received: by 10.210.131.17 with SMTP id e17cs82691ebd; Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:12:44 -0700 (PDT) received: by 10.220.108.219 with SMTP id g27mr4415505vcp. 44.1255111963665; Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:12:43 -0700 (PDT) received: from p2025330.pubip.peer1.net (web1.serotek.com [216.157.74.110]) by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 17si1309490vws.124.2009.10.09.11.12.42; Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:12:43 -0700 (PDT) received: (qmail 4253 invoked by uid 0); 9 Oct 2009 18:12:42 -0000 received: from unknown (HELO localhost) (127.0.0.1) by web1.serotek.com with SMTP; 9 Oct 2009 18:12:42 -0000
return-path: <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx>
received-spf: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx designates 216.157.74.110 as permitted sender) client-ip=216.157.74.110; authentication-results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx designates 216.157.74.110 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx message-id: <4acf7d1b.9115f10a.4c37.ffffddd5SMTPIN_ADDED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Please do not reply to this message. If you don't wish to receive any more Serotek announcements, activate the link at the end of this message.

NEWS RELEASE

Media Contact:
pr@xxxxxxxxxxx
612.720.1068

Technical Contact :
            info@xxxxxxxxxxx

 Serotek Introduces First iPhone Application for the Blind
iBlink Radio available in App Store

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn – October 9, 2009 – Serotek Corporation, the leading provider of internet and digital information accessibility software and services, introduced a third-party iPhone application today specifically designed for those who are blind or have low vision. Now available in the App Store, the application is called iBlink Radio™ and is the first such application to be introduced in the world. iBlink Radio allows people to listen to podcasts, radio stations and reading services produced by and for the blind community. The reading service section of iBlink Radio provides audio versions of newspapers, magazines and periodicals for anyone unable to read the printed page, regardless of disability. Daily newspapers include USA Today, Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. Listeners can also access all known radio stations owned and operated by the blind, and the podcast section offers topics ranging from technology to cooking. “The iPhone is a great platform for doing just about anything, whether it be learning something new or just jamming to some great tunes,” said Mike Calvo, CEO, Serotek Corporation, “iBlink Radio represents all that and more; it marks another step toward inclusion for all.” While the application offers a convenient way for the blind community to stay connected, the application is available to everyone, blind or sighted. In addition to being of great interest to those who are blind or have partial sight, iBlink Radio is also invaluable resource to family members, friends and professionals serving this community.

-more-

               For additional information, visit http://www.serotek.com/eyeblink
.
Serotek Corporation
Serotek Corporation is a leading technology company that develops software and manufactures accessibility solutions under the System Access brand. Committed to the mission of providing accessibility anywhere, Serotek began with the launch of the first online community specifically designed to meet the needs of people with visual impairment. Since then, Serotek has introduced several powerful, affordable solutions that require minimal training and investment. For more information, visit www.serotek.com.

###

Editors Note: Product names, brands and other trademarks featured or referred to are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with Accessible Event and do not sponsor or endorse these materials.

Activate this link to stop receiving Serotek announcements.