[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: [MAC-MANAGERS] Apple launches basic Mac tutorials

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:35:15 -0500

Marshall,

Thanks for passing this along.

Keith Reedy

On Jan 31, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Marshall F. Scott wrote:

Folks,
I thought some of you might find these links of interest.
Marshall

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Glaser <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: January 30, 2008 5:25:59 PM MST
To: Richard Glaser <mac-mgrs-mtg-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [MAC-MANAGERS] Apple launches basic Mac tutorials

FYI:

This might be useful for you more novice mac users...

Apple launches basic Mac tutorials

Apple today launched a series of tutorials geared toward PC owners who are entertaining the prospect of owning a Mac. The three current guides already available include 'Anatomy of a Mac,' 'Move to Mac,' and 'Windows on a Mac.' Anatomy of a Mac explains the process of using a Mac right away, including the internet setup assistant and the desktop. The tutorial covers the Finder, Dashboard, Mail, the Safari Web browser, iChat, Address Book, iCal, Preview, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, Spaces, Time Machine, and System Preferences. The video also introduces Stacks and the Menu Bar. Move to Mac discusses the most common tasks users will likely want to perform after purchasing a new Mac. Topics include transferring files from a PC to the new system, importing music into the iTunes library, customizing the desktop as well as the dock, and setting up user accounts.

Windows on a Mac helps users set up Boot Camp and boot into either Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X. The tutorial references Parallels Desktop as well as VMware Fusion for users who want to run Windows alongside Mac OS X without restarting, and briefly informs viewers about Microsoft Office for Mac.

Anatomy of a Mac <http://www.apple.com/findouthow/macosx/#basics-anatomy >
Move to Mac <http://www.apple.com/findouthow/macosx/#basics-move>
Windows on a Mac <http://www.apple.com/findouthow/macosx/#basics-windows >

Thanks:

Richard Glaser
University of Utah - Student Computing Labs
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
801-585-8016

Marshall F. scott
University of Utah - CVRTI