[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: IRC Client

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 23:16:00 -0500

is this running in terminal or using the gui?
On Dec 31, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Sirc is now posted on http://www.softcon.com/mac/
For those who aren't aware of it, sirc is an irc client, mostly written in perl, with a front-end written in C. (that's where the porting came in) I have a clean compiled version posted in the sirc.zip file, and all one needs to do is download it, run the install script (./install) will do the trick, and answer the prompts. If you don't know what some of the answers are, the script will try to find out for you, but if it fails, in general, sirc should work anyway, as long as it can find perl (which comes installed by default) so there should be little difficulty getting it installed. It's a relatively small client, packed with loads of features, and for those of you who know perl, adding capabilities to it is relatively painless.
Anyway, It's there, so enjoy.
If you don't know what irc is, you may want to go take a look at some sites that explain what internet relay chat is, and how to use it. Of course, if chatting isn't your thing, then there's no need to go take a look, but there are some interesting discussions on irc if you can find them. The osx channel on us.undernet.org is well populated, so if you are looking for a place to ask about osx, that may be a decent resource.
Hope this helps.

On Dec 31, 2008, at 10:57 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

Thanks. I sent it to discuss but please let us know when you get circ up. I used it a while back and loved it.

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab