[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Avoiding Safari freezes related to displaying PDF files [was Re: A Note About Onyx]

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 07:14:37 -0400

I wish we could.

On Oct 27, 2007, at 10:53 PM, Jane Jordan (gmail) wrote:

Couldn't we just set some sort of preference in Safari to automatically download .pdf files instead of attempting to open them? The browser wouldn't freeze at all, then.

Jane

On Oct 27, 2007, at 9:12 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

The safari freeze still occurs on large pdf files. Small (1-2 page pf files) will most of the time behave. Really, the best way to fix this is just to right click (ctrl-click) on the file name, and dowload the pdf file, then open it with preview.