[macvoiceover] Re: Fw: [VICUG-L] Text to Speech on Mac Operating System

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, albertruel@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:30:29 -0600

Macintosh text to speech is known as the speech manager to programers and in integrated into the OS. It is controlled using the Speech System Preferences panel.

VoiceOver is the built in screen reader for the MacOS and is included with every Macintosh sold. VoiceOver support both speech and braille output. You can find more information about VoiceOver at the following links:

General information: http://www.apple.com/accessibility/

VoiceOver documentation: http://www.cucat.org/books/vogs/
Documentation is is a number of accessible formats including braille, MP3 audio, DAISY digital talking book.

I hope this helps.

Greg Kearney