[macvoiceover] Re: Fusuon and Jaws

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:37:07 -0400

Are you able to allocate more than two GB of RAM for a given virtual machine on that Mac Pro?

On May 19, 2008, at 7:28 PM, David Truong wrote:

Hi Sara,

I am using Windows xp pro. Yes, I've tried 2gb and 1 processor as well although the processor shouldn't make a difference as I have 8 cor on this mac pro smile. I just came back from a trip away where I had to use my Mac mini and Jaws was so awful for what I wanted to do I took it off and put Wineyes on. It worked great then. Having said that, if people are having good success with jaws in their virtual machines then great stuff. I know that I wouldn't touch jaws in a vm again. It's been good as I've had to learn Wineyes and it's not that bad. I hope though that wineyes 7 will work
ok in a vm.