[macvoiceover] Re: Fromt row makes my itunes accessible.

  • From: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:08:42 -0500

Good morning,

Well I am not useing the remote, I don't even know where it is, grin.

With the keybord access front row bby pressing, command-escape. once you are in to frontrow, use the left and right arrow keys with out control-option tto choose what you want, in this case, "music". Once you are in music, use the up and down arrow keys to choose what you want to do and press enter.

It works nicely from the keybord.  I think this is a real find.

Keith Reedy

On Dec 27, 2006, at 6:50 AM, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

sorry keith, I thought I'd mentioned that a while back. I think it's funnny/sad that we can do better with the remote than we can with the keyboard. if perhaps we could get the keyboard to emmulate the remote, we might be onto something.

On Dec 26, 2006, at 11:16 PM, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello every one,

With the Intell imac there is a new system called "Front Row". I don't know how to explain front row, except to say it helps sited folks to see things from several feet away from the computer. I did not think that it would be useable with Voiceover, so I just left it alone, until today when Tim who is home from college and I was playing with it and I noticed it was reading things that I could not read before, like itunes.

I can read by album, artest, play list and more and the song titles and then play them.

Under shered music, I can read and play any of the titles on my wife's computer. This is wonderful.

I don't have the answers to many questions, I am just learning to use Frontrow, but I do know that I likeit!

Thought you would like to know.

Feel free to pass this arround.

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover